In her latest post, Paula asks the question: «Mirrors do not always show the true state of things, do they?».
No, they don’t. Mirrors flip everything in a Z direction. If you’re interested in the physics behind it, you can check out Physics Girl on YouTube and her video “Why do mirrors flip horizontally (but not vertically)?”. A self-portrait is kind of like a way of mirroring yourself, but I can assure you that this digitally manipulated self-portrait does not really mirror the true state of things…
Speaking of self-portraits: For a while I’ve been contributing to a blog that posts self-portraits, but recently I got banned from this blog and all my works there got deleted. Here are the reasons and I’ve added my comments to it as well:
There have now been three instances where I have chosen to delete comments from you – twice on the blog and once on Instagram.
1. A comment lacking sensitivity towards a cross-dressing contributor.
– When I wrote the comment I misunderstood and thought that the cross-dresser was dressing up for the photo, so I wrote something like “this is hilarious and brilliant”. A few minutes later I realized that I was mistaken and immediately withdrew my comment and explained the reason.
2. ‘Woo hoo’ in response to the first full frontal female nude that I posted. You’ve told me that that’s what you say when you like something, but I found it inappropriate in this context.
– Woohoo is a compliment and besides: if a person doesn’t want feedback on his/hers photos, then they shouldn’t post them online.
3. On Instagram: The cruel treatment of battery hens is no cause for making jokes. The suffering of any sentient being is abhorrent.
Of course you are entitled to your views and opinions, but I am entitled to censor as I see fit on my sites.
– What? We’re getting offended on behalf of the chicken population of the world now? I was inspired by a comedian that made some jokes on free range chickens (Alan Carr: Tooth Fairy Live | Fowl Play | Channel 4) and wrote some hilarious comments on one of your posts with a chicken photo.
Grow the fuck up. If you can’t handle comments, you shouldn’t run a blog. Getting offended on behalf of chickens? That’s just beyond retarded.
Here’s Steve Hughes thoughts on being offended:
That’s it for today’s Thursday’s Special post.
Go check out what Paula’s up to: https://bopaula.wordpress.com/2016/06/23/thursdays-special-mirroring/