Five photos / five stories black and white challenge: This is a portrait of my friend Tore Kierulf Næss. I can’t remember exactly when I took this photo, but if I say that it was shot sometime between 2004-2009, I’m pretty sure that I’ve nailed it time-wise.
Tore Næss was an art critic for the Norwegian newspaper Klassekampen from 2005-2009 and was also the founder and editor of the art magazines Kunstmagasinet and KUNSTforum. Since 2009, Kierulf Tore Næss has been a medical student at the University of Oslo and has worked as an editor for the medical student paper Æsculap during the years 2011-2013. (Source: Wikipedia).
Tore and myself once held up a whole boat when we were on our way from Turkey to Greece. We’d been enjoying some wine at a local place and suddenly realized that we had to run in order to make it to the ferry. A turkish man from the customs came running after us on the docks, while waving his arms, screaming and yelling our names. We were almost afraid to stop and thought for a brief moment that we were on the verge of being arrested and charged with something ridiculous, like being in charge of an international league of drug smugglers or something like that. When the out of breath officer caught up with us, he held our passports in his hand and said, with a heavy accent:
“Mista Nas, Mista Max, You forgot your passports”.
A large crowd of tourists stood by the gunwale on the ship and laughed heartily with us of the little scene that had just happened on the docks.
- Miz Rocket challenged me to a five photos / five stories black and white challenge. This has been the first out of five posts.
- These are the rules of this challenge:
1) To post a black & white photo every day for 5 days.
2) To write a story to accompany your photo for 5 days (this can be fiction or non-fiction, a page, a paragraph or a poem).
3) To nominate a different person each day.
- I’m not a big fan of rules, so I made my own interpretation to fit me:
- 1) I’ll post 5 black & white photos in 5 different posts (on any random day and I might post other stuff in between those 5 posts).
2) I’ll let some text accompany these 5 shots (but it might be a quote or a poem written by someone else if I don’t feel like sharing anything).
3) I’ll nominate a different person each day. This will probably be some random who’s not actively following the blog. (We all have blog followers that you never see around, so I’m thinking that this can be a good way of interacting with them).
My first nomination is Nia from photographyofnia.com. Nia loves cats, trees & birds and she lives in the beautiful city of Istanbul (but it was pure coincidence that she lives in Turkey and that this post had a story that happened in Turkey – I didn’t know this when I nominated her). Just like me, Nia doesn’t accept awards, but she might be up for this black & white photo/story challenge?
You can see Nia’s latest post here: http://photographyofnia.com/2015/05/15/ill-be-right-here-waiting-for-you/
Edit: I just dicovered that Nia has a blog dedicated to B&W photos: https://blackandwhiteshotsofnia.wordpress.com/2015/03/13/nothing-left-to-eat/