Threshold is the theme for WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge this week. I’ve interpreted it from point 3 in the list below.
threshold (ˈθrɛʃəʊld; ˈθrɛʃˌhəʊld) n (from thefreedictionary.com)
- (Building) Also called: doorsill a sill, esp one made of stone or hardwood, placed at a doorway.
- any doorway or entrance.
- the starting point of an experience, event, or venture: on the threshold of manhood.
- (Psychology) psychol the strength at which a stimulus is just perceived Compare absolute threshold, difference threshold: the threshold of consciousness.
- a. a level or point at which something would happen, would cease to happen, or would take effect, become true, etc
b. (as modifier): threshold price; threshold effect.
- (General Physics)
a. the minimum intensity or value of a signal, etc, that will produce a response or specified effect: a frequency threshold.
b. (as modifier): a threshold current.
- (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) (modifier) designating or relating to a pay agreement, clause, etc, that raises wages to compensate for increases in the cost of living[Old English therscold; related to Old Norse threskoldr, Old High German driscubli, Old Swedish thriskuldi]
Cilje. R.I.P. Here’s a song for you:
See more photo interpretations of Threshold at WordPress: dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/photo-challenge-threshold/