I’ve started to restore some old family photos that I’ve scanned. The saturation is corrupted in some of the images, many of them have scratches and some are discolored. A few of them even suffer from all of the above!
It can be time-consuming to scan your old photos, especially if the photos are very damaged and you want to restore them. I was working on this photo last night and here’s a very short summary of what I did with this photo:
- Examined the histogram to determine problems.
- Removed some color cast by adding a level adjustment layer and adjusting the colors individually.
- Added photo filter layer set to “underwater” with 25% density
- Used healing brush & stamp tool on a copy of the original photo layer (sampled from different places near the parts I wanted to keep).
I’m not totally satisfied with the results, but I don’t have more time to spend on this project for now because I have to go to
- FULL TUTORIAL: Restore scanned photos in Photoshop (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- The Alligator – lens blur effect (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- Blogging-tips: crop & resize your photos (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)