The challenge for WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge this week is “Sun”.
We’ve done sunset before, but what about when the sun, in its full glory, is the feature of your photo? Here’s a picture of a Roman alleyway, and the sun transforms this normal scene into something magical with its rays.
To me playing with lights & shadows is an integral part of photographing and in my opinion you’ll find the best natural light during sunrise & sunset. Don’t get me wrong: this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to shoot some nice photos during broad daylight. Remember to keep your camera with you & keep your eyes open for that next shot.
Before you know it you’ll be witnessing a piece of daily drama, like in these photos that I shot at Mallorca in 2010. This poor old lady was hit by a scooter just moments before we came strolling along. The sunlight almost adds some kind of symbolism to the photos. I don’t know what happened to the lady afterwards, if she survived or not (probably she did), but photos like these is a reminder of how fragile life can be & that you can’t control the randomness…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun (knudsens.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Golden River (ajbopp.wordpress.com)
- Shoot against the sun (dannybach.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun (colderweather.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun (thoughtsunrestricted.wordpress.com)